Not everything on a bucket list relates to travel and attractions. For those of you who may have dreamed about getting a tattoo but either haven’t got round to it or found the inspiration for your chosen design, hopefully we at Make a Bucket List can help.
RankMyTattoo.com have listed the top 50 most popular tattoos ever but we’re giving you a taster of the first 25. Many of these designs span generations and generations of tattoo fans. If you do feel inspired please let us know on our Facebook page and click here to see the full 50.
If you’re a little nervous and worried about pain, tattoo experts expain that you should talk to your tattooist before you begin and explain your concerns. Everyone has different pain levels, but most who have gotten a tattoo describe the feeling as a hot scratch.
Big tip is to relax, everyone is nervous, but try to keep calm. The tattoo artist is there to make sure it doesnt hurt a lot. Keep yourself occupied, maybe even bring a friend and make sure you follow everything they say to get the best result.
Don’t take pain killers or drink alcohol before you’re appointment, as they thin your blood and can cause you to bleed more than what is usual. Make sure the area is clean so get a shower before hand, this will help prevent infection.
Always check out the tattoo parlour and artist before you agree to go ahead. If they don’t appear to be clean or your gut tells you it isnt right, go to another. The steps of preparation the artist should take include,
- The tattoo artist will first wash his or her hands with a germicidal soap.
- The to-be-tattooed area on your body will be cleaned and disinfected.
- The tattoo artist will put on clean, fresh gloves (and possibly a surgical mask).
- The tattoo artist will explain the sterilization procedure to you and open up the single-use, sterilized equipment (such as needles, etc.).
- Using the tattoo machine (with a sterile, single-use needle attached), the tattoo artist will begin drawing an outline of the tattoo under your skin.
- The outline will be cleaned with antiseptic soap and water.
- Sterile, thicker needles will be installed on the tattoo machine, and the tattoo artist will start shading the design. After cleaning the area again, color will be injected. A new bottle of ink should be opened for each individual.
- Any blood will be removed by a sterile, disposable cloth or towel.
- When finished, the area, now sporting a finished tattoo, will be cleaned once again and a bandage will be applied.
(courtesy of Wikihow)
2) Star/Nautical Star
12) Celtic Knot
20) Pin Up Girl