During the cold winter months its feels much harder to find things to do, as the majority of attractions are closed or based out doors. But we’ve found one for the football fans out there which can also be enjoyable for those non sporty bucketeers.
The National Football Museum can be found in the centre of Manchester and is based in an elegant and modern building within walking distance of the Arndale shopping centre. It is considered the world’s greatest football collection with over 140,000 items and artifacts including the FIFA Collection.
As well as extensive information into the history of ‘the beautiful game’, there’s additional exhibits on kits over the ages, media, fans, stadiums and toys made due to footballs popularity. The museum will easily take up two hours of your time and for those true fans you could be there all day.
Admission to the museum is free but you can purchase a booklet on the museum and tokens to ‘Football Plus’ experiences, which include;
- Soak up the pressure of Wembley, keep your nerve and go for glory in the Penalty Shootout,
- Test your reactions and prove yourself as the top Shot-Stopper,
- Show off some neat touches in On The Ball,
- Keep the ball moving and find your teammates quickly with One-Two,
- Pick out the perfect ball with Pass Master,
- Show those pundits how it’s really done with the Match Of The Day Commentary Challenge,
- Celebrate victory in the League Cup, FA Cup or Premier League when you Lift The Trophy, and take home the photo of you and the Cup.
Once you’ve mastered your football skills you may want to prove to your friends how well you’ve done. You can do this by using your football plus ticket and logging onto the National Football Museum website where you can view your scores and certificates. These can be printed or shared on line for all to see.
Football Plus+ Tickets and credits can be purchased at information desks in the Hall of Fame and next to the Penalty Shootout.
Opening times are Monday to Saturday 10am-5pm and Sunday 11am-5pm and there is a National Football Museum Café which is open from 9.00am – 5.00pm daily.
For further information on the museum and Football Plus+ please go to their official site by clicking here.